Dani's Super Happy Pathfinder Fun Time
This page contains guidelines for playing this game. It will be played over IRC, and there’s a certain minimum standard of behaviour and rules I expect. It’s not particularly strict, I believe most of this is common sense, and it’s for the good of the game.
- Pay attention! While the pace of the game will be slower than a traditional tabletop game, don’t get too distracted by multitasking. The game’s schedule is planned several days in advance, so if you plan to play that day, set aside the time to play it distraction-free. Tell your friends you’re busy, close your door, close your IM programs, and don’t queue up videos or make plans for a raid.
- It’s a vicious cycle when one person stops paying attention and doesn’t reply when their turn comes up. If people get tired of waiting, they do something else. When the first person comes back and performs their action and someone else’s turn comes up, they’ll have gone to do something else while waiting, resulting in even more waiting. So please: Pay attention.
- Sexual Content: Keep it to a minimum. This is a game about killing and stealing, not fucking. If your character is involved romantically with another character, keep PDAs tasteful and to a minimum. Take the cybersex and erotic roleplay elsewhere. There are games and channels specifically for such activities, and this is not one of them. Period. I don’t want your freaky fetishes or exhibitionism scaring people off.
- Plan Ahead! This is the big one! It will keep the game running smoothly. Plan your actions in combat before your turn comes up, plan your spell selection for the day and show the GM, and plan your character’s feat, skill, and spell selections and other numbers (HP, bonuses, etc) at least 1 or 2 levels in advance in the event you are unable to show up for several sessions in a row.
- Plan Ahead in combat! Decide what action you want to take while the GM is describing the situation, have your spell list and relevant bonuses at hand and easy to reference, have the book or PDF or webpage open to the rules you need to know for your action, and know what dice you need to roll before you execute your action. If you have to ask the GM what to do for each individual step of each action on your turn, the game’s already-slow pace slows to a glacial rate.
- Bookmark this wiki! All the important information about the game will be on this wiki. This includes rule changes, adventure summaries, current party location, info about those locations, new and updated maps, and NPC profiles.